Courtyard Marriott Hotel Washington DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doodaa

Train Attendant
Has anyone stayed in this hotel, looks to be in a good spot for train watching of the stock movements from Union Station to Ivy City Yards, if you get the right room.

Anyone stayed there got a good room/floor to suggest

Steve

I'm not sure which one your speaking of exactly. I've not stayed there as I'm local, but I would be careful about staying in any hotel along New York Avenue that is on the south side of the tracks. There are some real dives - and I'm not saying the Marriott is one - that have a lot of coming and going in the wee hours... Also along that stretch of New York Avenue that I'm talking about, I'd say you need to be rather "street smart."

He's talking about the new one right at the Metro station. Like Davy, I'm a local so I've never stayed there before. I'd stay there, but I wouldn't stray too far north or east from the hotel.

I've never stayed there either, but I believe I've seen something about a railfan staying there who got a room in the Northeast Corner. They could look right into Ivy City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back