Complaining -- mail, phone or email

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm thinking about it, is Balto Penn owned by Amtrak or someome else? Last time I was there, there was an issue with the mens room.

Well, as usual, I can count on great information on here -- and of course, a few not great and mean-spirited ones.

I take several Amtrak trips annually - short- and long-routes.

A few things have changed, however, since I have felt a need to really complain about something.

1. Joe Boardman is no longer the CEO. There used to be quite a bit of chatter (and dare I say consensus if there is such a thing among this group!) that writing to him/his office was a great way to voice complaints *AND* get action.

Since he is no longer the CEO, it made sense to me to ask others to see if anyone had any luck recently with writing to the new CEOs.

2. The last two times I had to complain, I used the online method and called (as I was instructed by an Amtrak phone agent who couldn't help me with something.)

3. I had two instances on my most recent LD trip where I was handed a card (without me asking for it) when there were service issues/late trains. So, I wondered if this was something new or in addition to the other methods listed above.

So, sometimes folks, a question is really a question...and you can keep the assuming to your own ass-u-ming selves!

That's all!

I tried complaining about the broken website and this is what I've done:

1. Tweeted (politely) to Amtrak. Was ignored 4-5 times before someone responded saying that I need to speak to customer relations.

2. Called customer relations. The woman on the phone could not have been more apathetic. Gave me a case number and that was it.

3. Sent them a message on the website under "Contact Us." Never received a response.

4. I wrote letters to my senators and congressperson/representative as well as sending a copy to Amtrak's Customer Relations snail mail address.

I'm willing to put money on it that #4 will generate some sort of thoughtful response. I actually had to take that route once to complain about an Amtrak dispatcher (or at least some Amtrak employee who was claiming to be one) harassing me on non-Amtrak property.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as usual, I can count on great information on here -- and of course, a few not great and mean-spirited ones.

I take several Amtrak trips annually - short- and long-routes.

A few things have changed, however, since I have felt a need to really complain about something.

1. Joe Boardman is no longer the CEO. There used to be quite a bit of chatter (and dare I say consensus if there is such a thing among this group!) that writing to him/his office was a great way to voice complaints *AND* get action.

Since he is no longer the CEO, it made sense to me to ask others to see if anyone had any luck recently with writing to the new CEOs.

2. The last two times I had to complain, I used the online method and called (as I was instructed by an Amtrak phone agent who couldn't help me with something.)

3. I had two instances on my most recent LD trip where I was handed a card (without me asking for it) when there were service issues/late trains. So, I wondered if this was something new or in addition to the other methods listed above.

So, sometimes folks, a question is really a question...and you can keep the assuming to your own ass-u-ming selves!

That's all!
Personally, I’m glad you are here. Keep posting and Lee riding trains. You are straightforward and are just trying to find the best way of doing things.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Back