Coast Starlight out of L.A. now at 12:15pm??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, it was almost disapointing to hear about this first on here instead of getting a call from Amtrak officially announcing it.
Patience grasshopper. I just got the call this morning for my trip next month. March is well down the list....

It was just a robocall with updated departure information and an offer to connect me to an agent.

OK,
rolleyes.gif
I'm set!!! I'm staying over a night in PDX & taking the #28 the next day with roomettes all the way to FLA! Got a room at the Residence Inn Down Town/River Place with shuttle to & from Station. I asked if they would cover my hotel & they said the connection between the #14 & #28 wasn't garaunteed???? I didn't argue! Again AU has saved my butt! Thanx all!!!!

RF
That is my favorite hotel in downtown Portland. You can't beat the amenities for the price. The free breakfast buffet is amazing and the Portland street car stops right in front of the hotel. The street car is free downtown as are the MAX trains (downtown). The hotel is right on the waterfront, so be sure to stroll waterfront park, with its view of the Willamette river Portland's many bridges.
I don't know about this Florida Boy Strolling around Portland in Feb.!!!
laugh.gif

Got my robocall about the schedule change yesterday for my trip in January. Only thing that bothers me is I'll be getting in to SF even later, but oh well.

Im taking the CS from EMY - SEA in january (then cascades into vancouver), and I also got the robocall plus a couple emails ... With the late scheduled arrival, hopefully the train isn't too delayed into seattle. If its late coming back, I don't really care, since its due to arrive in EMY at 10:15AM ... I finally get to sleep in this time around!
mosking.gif

... my record delay on the CS is 12 hours when our lead engine failed, and got held up by 42,128,376,509,846,318,124,590 freight trains
blink.gif

How is the On-time record these days?

Im taking the CS from EMY - SEA in january (then cascades into vancouver), and I also got the robocall plus a couple emails ... With the late scheduled arrival, hopefully the train isn't too delayed into seattle. If its late coming back, I don't really care, since its due to arrive in EMY at 10:15AM ... I finally get to sleep in this time around!
mosking.gif

... my record delay on the CS is 12 hours when our lead engine failed, and got held up by 42,128,376,509,846,318,124,590 freight trains
blink.gif

How is the On-time record these days?
You can here any time you like.

I guess no one's been given the "heads up" that I got from Amtrak...the CS will be rerouted via Bakersfield, up the valley nonstop between LAX and SAC...buses and other trains will pick up/drop off pax on the coast route...

I guess no one's been given the "heads up" that I got from Amtrak...the CS will be rerouted via Bakersfield, up the valley nonstop between LAX and SAC...buses and other trains will pick up/drop off pax on the coast route...
If true, this sounds very interesting. Just what is the routing from LA to Bakersfield? That could be even more interesting than Mount Shasta by daylight. Please give more details, Guest.

My January routing is LAX-SBA, the Amtrak message told me I had been rebooked on train #14, the 12:15PM departure. I booked the CS over the Surfliner for the 10AM departure time so it looks like I will be changing it again to the 9AM Surfliner.

What date are you traveling?

This is not true according to an Amtrak agent I talked to, and questioned very carefully.

It's also incorrect according to any itinerary between LA and Sacramento you input into the train finder on the Amtrak website.

It's also incorrect according to Amtrak notices posted on the website and at Coast Starlight stations.

So my question is: where did you get your information? It's highly immature, at the very least, to post such things on a site like this without corroboration.

I was notified last night about schedule change for trip next month, leaving Seattle at 11:45am. I am connecting to the California Zephyr in Sacramento, so the timing is better now, it arrvies 8am rather than 6am timeframe.

I was notified last night about schedule change for trip next month, leaving Seattle at 11:45am. I am connecting to the California Zephyr in Sacramento, so the timing is better now, it arrvies 8am rather than 6am timeframe.
A lot of the discussion has been on the northbound connection to EB in PDX. I did not even think about the southbound connections, e.g. to BFD/LVS.

I've booked PDX to San Pedro on 11 connecting to Thruway bus. Now since 11 gets to LAX at 11pm, we miss the 1010pm bus. Guess what? There is no bus down to San Pedro so we're stuck with staying somewhere around the LAX station. Seems like they'd delasy the bus for an hour - doesn't seem unreasonable - or does it?

With the 12:15pm departure out of LA, are we still getting lunch onboard? I'm riding next week.
Absolutely. We were in the diner before we started to roll out of LAUS. Probably the only time I've ever walked to the diner and didn't look drunk. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back