Coast Starlight - Full Coach Business Class?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be local cheeses and wines. The cheese was on a plate in bite sized pieces with toothpicks and paired with the wines.

Is Tillamoo from Tillamook?
Yeah. However, it looks like the name is inconsistently used. Some were labelled as Tilla-Moo. Some of the 3/4 oz snack sizes just say "Tillamook". I remember having some at the United Club in Seattle (entered with my AGR S+ membership).

This isn't my picture, but it's supposed to be cheese available at a United Club.

thumb_600.jpg

That's not what I meant. These were truly like boutique cheeses from small farms like a lavender cheese for example. Not stuff you'd buy in your local grocer, though I do like tillamook!

That's not what I meant. These were truly like boutique cheeses from small farms like a lavender cheese for example. Not stuff you'd buy in your local grocer, though I do like tillamook!
Here's a photo (not mine) of the Coast Starlight cheese station:

052-e1395073861452.jpg

And the menu (I had to research for the suppliers since the name isn't always given):

http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/723/547/CoastStarlight_WineCheese_201103,0.pdf

Southbound:

Farmstead Smoked Gouda – Washington (Appel Farms)

Lavender Cheddar – Oregon (Rogue Creamery)

Jalapeno Pepper Jack - California (Rumiano Cheese Company)

Northbound:

Vella Dry Jack – California (Vella Cheese Company)

Smoked Tillamook Cheddar – Oregon (Tillamook County Creamery Association)

Flagship, Marco Polo Black Pepper Cheddar – Washington (Beecher's Handmade Cheese)

I've actually been to Beecher's. They're right at Pike Place Market.

Here's a photo (not mine) of the Coast Starlight cheese station:

052-e1395073861452.jpg

And the menu (I had to research for the suppliers since the name isn't always given):

http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/723/547/CoastStarlight_WineCheese_201103,0.pdf

Southbound:

Farmstead Smoked Gouda – Washington (Appel Farms)

Lavender Cheddar – Oregon (Rogue Creamery)

Jalapeno Pepper Jack - California (Rumiano Cheese Company)

Northbound:

Vella Dry Jack – California (Vella Cheese Company)

Smoked Tillamook Cheddar – Oregon (Tillamook County Creamery Association)

Flagship, Marco Polo Black Pepper Cheddar – Washington (Beecher's Handmade Cheese)

I've actually been to Beecher's. They're right at Pike Place Market.
The apples and oranges are still there. They are left in the sleepers. Other than the different types of cheese being cut up and the fruits cut up, nothings really changed. The wine tasting is there so are the cheese and fruit. Just the presentation is lacking from before.

Now you're talking. Yes, beechers is awesome. Love their Mac n cheese!

Glad to see not much has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back