Chi - Saratoga Springs via 48

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I'm putting together a 1 way trip from NOL to Chi and then Chi - Alb - Sar. My question is this, On Sat Aug 2nd i want to depart Chi on 48 to ALB, arrival time to albany on 48's schedule is 3:40pm. Departure time for 291 from Albany to Saratoga Springs on Sunday August 3rd is listed as 6:05 pm. Amtrak will not grant me online this ticket from Chi-Sar - I guess b/c of tightness in layover - but what are odds that 48 would be some where near on time and allow me to take 291 instead of then having to take a cab ride to bus station and then wait for next northbound bus to sar?

Thanks for your help, also If i have a 1 way 1 region AGR voucher if i wanted to use it from Nol - Toledo departing NOl on July 31st but staying overnight in CHI on Aug 1st and then boarding 48 on August 2nd would this cancel out my ability to book it to toledo. Does it have to be next available train / date which would be August 1st 48 chi- toledo?

comments please, i figure you guys are smarter than Julie!! :D

Hello all, I'm putting together a 1 way trip from NOL to Chi and then Chi - Alb - Sar. My question is this, On Sat Aug 2nd i want to depart Chi on 48 to ALB, arrival time to albany on 48's schedule is 3:40pm. Departure time for 291 from Albany to Saratoga Springs on Sunday August 3rd is listed as 6:05 pm. Amtrak will not grant me online this ticket from Chi-Sar - I guess b/c of tightness in layover - but what are odds that 48 would be some where near on time and allow me to take 291 instead of then having to take a cab ride to bus station and then wait for next northbound bus to sar?
Thanks for your help, also If i have a 1 way 1 region AGR voucher if i wanted to use it from Nol - Toledo departing NOl on July 31st but staying overnight in CHI on Aug 1st and then boarding 48 on August 2nd would this cancel out my ability to book it to toledo. Does it have to be next available train / date which would be August 1st 48 chi- toledo?

comments please, i figure you guys are smarter than Julie!! :D
Going to get a close up of Big Brown? :)

Any reason you want to connect in ALB and not SDY? :huh:

48 travels CHI-SDY-ALB-(NYP) and 291 travels (NYP)-ALB-SDY-SAR. Thus, 48 would get to SDY ~25 minutes before ALB and 291 would depart SDY ~25 minutes later than ALB! That's almost 1 hour!

And yes, an AGR award has to be next train out. If you stop in CHI overnight if there is a train that day, you would need to redeem another award! :( Stopovers are not allowed!

And I'm betting that Amtrak isn't allowing the connection in Albany, because the guaranteed connection is SDY.

Are you specifying the connection in Albany, or are they simply not letting you book CHI to Saratoga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back