CHI Hotel Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a trip booked in August that includes a #8 - #30 connection coming back to Florida. If that connection were to get screwed up, I could find myself with only coach availability back to STP. THAT WOULD NOT BE COOL!!!! ( the reason for the Hostel question) So, maybe I should play it safe? What does everyone think???
Thanx

RF
The HI-Chicago on ?Congressional? was highly recommended to me by at least one AUer. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and clean-up, why not. I'm not planning to be in the dorm room except for sleeping & dressing. Check out their website www.hichicago.org/
Thanx, I just called & they said they have private rooms for $100 per night!?!?! It is strange to feel old, all of a sudden. Man, time flies, doesnt it?

I have a trip booked in August that includes a #8 - #30 connection coming back to Florida. If that connection were to get screwed up, I could find myself with only coach availability back to STP. THAT WOULD NOT BE COOL!!!! ( the reason for the Hostel question) So, maybe I should play it safe? What does everyone think???

Thanx

RF
The HI-Chicago on ?Congressional? was highly recommended to me by at least one AUer. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and clean-up, why not. I'm not planning to be in the dorm room except for sleeping & dressing. Check out their website www.hichicago.org/
Thanx, I just called & they said they have private rooms for $100 per night!?!?! It is strange to feel old, all of a sudden. Man, time flies, doesnt it?
What's depressing is no one has asked to see my ID when I've asked for 55+ discounts. :( :eek:

I'm cheap/poor and opted for a bed in the 10 bed dorm room. I figured I'd be out on the rails with the other AUers, so I just a bed. I don't mind sharing a room or bathroom. My cost is around $35 per night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to stay in Kimpton Hotels and have done so several times in Chicago. In the winter the rates can be reasonable. My friend and I are going to Chicago and June and the rates at the Kimpton hotels were over $400! No thank you. So we will stay in the Chicago hostel in a private room @ $89 per night. We have both stayed there some years ago and it was pretty good. I believe the New York International Hostel is the largest, or it was. We stayed a few months ago at the new Boston Hostel, which was quite nice except for some mechanical glitches and a rickety upper bunk bed in the private room. I no longer stay in dorms with my CPAP machine, but in a few months I am going to try riding coach overnight Flagstaff to Los Angeles. Just wrote Amtrak an inquiry last night requesting the single disabled seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back