Change Schedule of Train #8?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Penn

OBS Chief
Now, #8 is scheduled to arrive in CHI around 4 PM. However, since we know how often the EB is late
unsure.gif
mda.gif
, this most probably means that connections are missed to eastern trains. [For example today, #8 misconnected with #30
sad.gif
].

Would making #8 operate ~2 hours earlier be reasonable?
smile.gif
(I hope this wasn't asked already)

Today, #7 arrived in SEA at 12:18 PM, while #8 left at 4:47 PM. Unless the train was turned in four hours (
ohmy.gif
), then there is an extra consist sitting in SEA for a day.

Today, #7 arrived in SEA at 12:18 PM, while #8 left at 4:47 PM. Unless the train was turned in four hours (
ohmy.gif
), then there is an extra consist sitting in SEA for a day.
But it couldn't have departed at 2:45, which is what the suggestion was. And no, there is not an extra set of equipment in SEA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also remember the connection with the Coast Starlight in Portland. Move it up two hours and you break that connection which is already really tight. The Empire Builder has been in the past one of Amtrak's better on time performers and has easily made connections in the past.

so that good cause now 48 can leave on time out of chicago. we have been 2 hours late and havent even left the station. Yeah I want everyone to make their connection but 2 hours late out of chicago

saxman beat me to it about the PDX connection. Would you rather be on time in CHI or have a 13+ hour bus connection in OR?
huh.gif

In the past, the EB has been one of the most reliable OTP trains in the system, I have even made the EB->Cardinal connection with no problem!
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back