Celebratory Phase 3 comeback?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing that a repainted engine is on the lead of the Capitol Limited arriving in DC today. Heads-up.

Rafi
Thanks! Any idea where it's headed after that?
All five are headed for the general pool to go nationwide (these are separate from the museum train consist, which includes a F40), so it'll probably get cut off and slotted in to take something south or west in the next few days.

Rafi

I just saw #145, the Phase III repaint. She was pulling the Capitol Limited into Washington. I snapped a photo of her leading the train through Silver Spring, Maryland. I'll upload the photo when I get home this evening.

Amtrak now has a press release up with their full 40th anniversary plans, including other units that are being painted into heritage schemes-

P42 #156- Phase I

P42 #166- Phase II

P42 #184- Phase IV

Strange that none of them got the #40, though, unless it's being saved for the museum train...

Press release at top of list.

Isn't 40 specially equipped to run on the Michigan line? I believe there are only a few equipped to do so, so taking one away would handicapt that area in a way.

Should be interesting seeing a P42 in Phases 1 & 2!

It's taking me a while to digest this livery. I honestly like the idea of making a red, white, and blue version of the three sheets logo. It seems like such an obvious tie-in to me. One that would work well to bridge the old and new.

Here's the photo I snapped today of 145 leading the Cap through Silver Spring, MD. She was 25 minutes late.

5406340684_66e96a9b2d.jpg

(photo page)

phase III was never one of my favorites (with the exception to the Pepsi Can, which is my favorite). I think it's biggest problem is the fact that they just kinda threw the word "Amtrak" on the side in Helvetica Bold. Kinda seems like the designer went "Oh crap! I forgot to put a logo on the train."

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back