Cardinal?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that no one is looking to re-route the Card. Theoretically it could be rerouted via Lynchburg, Roanoke, Bluefield, Prince I suppose (remember the Hilltopper?), missing White Sulphur Springs in the process, and requiring several more hours of running time making it almost certainly a two night run. But as I said, no one is contemplating that.
That would actually be nice. Folks in Roanoke area (read: Virginia Tech students) are looking for Amtrak service since so long and while the proposed Regional extension to Roanoke is not coming through, they can actually run the Cardinal through this route and give the residents of Roanoke, Bluefield and towns between a connection not just to Washington/NE but also to Chicago! Don't worry it ends up taking two nights to run end to end, the train serves so many communities besides end to end passengers. If Chicago-NYC passengers feel its too long a journey, there is always the option of LSL and CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back