Carbondale, IL parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneth

Service Attendant
This is just a reminder, if you park at the Amtrak station in Carbondale for your trip. Pull forward into the parking space. When I got back yesterday evening I had a $10 parking ticket for backing into the space. I didn't see any sign when I got to the station at 2am. I got the parking pass as required, it does not have any rules printed on it. The positive part of the trip was I had 4 segments during the double points promotion.

Some municipalities have local ordinances against backing into parking spaces. They reason that a car facing outward is a distraction to other drivers. The truth is it's a revenue opportunity.

Some states don't have a front of car license plate requirement. They want to be able to see the plate for every car in the lot as they patrol the aisles.

When I got back to the Station it was raining, dark and the rush of everyone getting off the train and to there cars, the parking lot was packed. It was a lot safer pulling out in those conditions than backing out.

I know what you mean with parking at Carbondale IL.

I parked late, not seeing a sign, (which I later noticed, after my ticket) that was reserved.

I repeatedly, objected to the ticket with the City of Carbondale, and, finally won.

Carbondale meter maids are relentless!!!

Back