Capitol Ltd consist question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spidersfan351

Train Attendant
I've taken this train probably ten times now, but understand it is using a shortened consist for winter maintenance purposes.

Our family is taking a trip out to Chicago (and Santa Fe) this Saturday, and returning next Saturday/Sunday (2/21). Because this return trip is later in the spectrum of Amtrak's published consist reduction (thru 2/28), do you think there is a chance we will get a lounge car back on the train by our return? Basically I'm wondering if they catch up on work, if they would go ahead and throw on a SSL, since it would make the train a bit better, or if they just rigidly stick to the plan of no big train until published.

Not the biggest deal in the world, we will have a great time either way. Just thought someone might have an idea.

I rode the capitol last week and I really didn't miss it much. I probably would have ridden in the sightseer a little bit after breakfast since it is quite scenic along the river. But other than that, not much need for a SSL car anyways.

I'm trying to be 50/50 about these changes... yes I miss the China on the Capitol, yes I miss more selections on the menu, and yes it's nice to have the SSL car. But did I still enjoy my train trip? Yes. All of the little things do matter.... but I would rather see trains running daily with limited ammenities than trains starting to run 3 a day schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back