Capitol Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
Wednesday's eastbound CL left Alliance just a shade over one hour late. It arrived in Pittsburgh over 19 hours late. Anybody know what happened?

It appears, according to the Amtrak website that the eastbound CL was terminated in Pittsburgh again on Thursday. What gives?

The amtrak site shows that it arrived PGH 19 hours late, but also, the Amtrak site shows it arriving washington 1h 30m late on wednesday the 7th.

Something's screwy...

Yea, as far as I can tell, it looks as if the 19 hour late 'limited was cancelled in PGH, and passengers boarded the next days train, which was running about an hour and a half late. That seems to make some sense. But then what happend to that trainset? The only other thing I can think of is some sort of data problem in which the train was actually 25 1/2 hours late but the counter restarted at 24 hours? But that wouldnt make a whole lot of sense, considering it has never done that before. I just cant imagine Amtrak holding in the station for almost 6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back