Can a Voucher be transferred?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VentureForth

Engineer
I have a $100 voucher that I'm hanging on to, but a friend of mine struggles financially and I'd like to offer him my voucher to go see his dad. Is that possible?

I am not sure if you can sign the voucher over to him, but you may be able to purchase a ticket for him at the ticket counter.

I did that once for my H. I had a voucher for something like $5 or $6 (it was a refund voucher, don't know if that makes a difference). I went to the ticket counter and purchased a ticket for my H using the voucher and then a credit card for the remainder. I am not sure if it is technically allowed or if they just allowed it because we have the same last name.

my experience has been that when you reserve with a voucher, by phone, you need to pick the tickets up within one week. if the reservation is in your friend's name you both need to go to the station, show id, let the agent know you are applying your voucher to your friend's ticket and there shouldn't be a problem. at least that has worked for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back