California Zephyr. EMY-CHI on modified schedule

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We sat in Denver for over two hours. The HEP was off for awhile too. I slept through most of it. This morning another passenger stated the delay was due to them switching the engines around. Amtrak sent a notification saying the delay was for mechanical reasons.

BNSF has done a good job moving us along. I’m right over the trucks in room 10 so quite a bit of rocking and rolling with sharp up-down jolts.

Right now we are in a siding meeting a freight.

It is on the National Register of Historic Places and was bought by a developer in 2016 with plans to restore it starting in 2024. We shall see
Yes, I distinctly remember it. It's a giant pigeon trap and in a massive state of disrepair. Awful looking.

Yes, I distinctly remember it. It's a giant pigeon trap and in a massive state of disrepair. Awful looking.

20210923_094828.jpg

The old depot, taken in September 2021. Although in disrepair, the bones look good and seems it could be restored. I wish it would be, given how blah the existing Amtrak depot is (the white warehouse-like structure on the left).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back