California Zephyr Detour 2015-06-11?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPC

Service Attendant
Hi all! Track a Train is showing east and west-bound CZ on UP in Nebraska. Anybody know what's up?

Yes. I was on #5 (departed CHI 6/11) and we lost 1 - 1/12 hours across Nebraska on the normal route.

Last edited by a moderator:
..and now the WB CZ out of Chicago 6/11 is just climbing the Front Range at 1PM. Not a good week for the Zephyr!

Maybe they should turn 5 of 10th in Reno busing 6 of 13th to Reno. Otherwise 6 of 13th will depart early morning of 14 if turned in Emeryville. There is no way or equipment in Oakland/Emeryville to operate from Emeryville anytime on the 13th unless Amtrak California cars are used instead of buses to carry CZ passengers to Reno to meet the train in Reno. Yes, will be interesting to see what Amtrak does regarding the train 6 scheduled to depart on 13th from Emeryville. At current rate the equipment and train 5 of 10th will arrive Emeryville around 12 noon to 4 PM on the 13th.

..and now the WB CZ out of Chicago 6/11 is just climbing the Front Range at 1PM. Not a good week for the Zephyr!
I was on that train and it was about 3 1/2 hrs late into Denver, where I got off. Out of curiosity, I checked Amtrak train status and it shows a service disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back