Britain's most unique trains?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caravanman

Engineer
Okay, well I guess something is "unique" or it isn't, so maybe "most unique" is wrong, I will go for unique, as only two of these were built, plus one prototype. Hmm, now as there were two built, maybe I should settle on "unique train service". ;) :D
The Stourbridge Town branch line is the shortest branch line in Europe. It connects Stourbridge Junction Station with Stourbridge Town. It is all of 0.8 miles long and the journey takes three minutes with a top speed of 20mph. Those three minutes are pretty unremarkable as there is nothing of interest to see along the way and, with the greatest respect to the residents of Stourbridge, not a lot to do when you get there. So far, so dull. The ‘train’ tasked with the job of conveying passengers along this line is a Class 139 Parry People Mover.

Last edited:
The Stourbridge Town branch line is the shortest branch line in Europe. It connects Stourbridge Junction Station with Stourbridge Town. It is all of 0.8 miles long and the journey takes three minutes with a top speed of 20mph. Those three minutes are pretty unremarkable as there is nothing of interest to see along the way and, with the greatest respect to the residents of Stourbridge, not a lot to do when you get there. So far, so dull. The ‘train’ tasked with the job of conveying passengers along this line is a Class 139 Parry People Mover.

And Stourbridge Junction has a cat on staff! George the ginger was appointed chief rodent control officer after three years of volunteering his services. He sleeps in the station and is never late to work. George has a huge fan base among commuters, and on Instagram and the Site Formerly Known as Twitter (SFKT).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-chief-mouse-catcher-local-train-station.html

Back