Brightline Station in view on newscast maybe?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching a few minutes of the news and there is a helicopter shot looking down on a particular courthouse in Miami. Looks like a passenger train stop just in view. Is this a Brightline station?
Either Brightline's Miami Central (which is basically three blocks long), MDT's Government Center (Metrorail and Metromover, a block south of Miami Central), or MDT's Historic Overtown/Lyric Theater (Metrorail, just west of the north end of Miami Central).

When I had jury duty downtown, Government Center was the best way to get there.

Watching a few minutes of the news and there is a helicopter shot looking down on a particular courthouse in Miami. Looks like a passenger train stop just in view. Is this a Brightline station?
Looked like the the Metromover, Miami's urban APM. There's a station at Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. U.S. Courthouse, where the arraignment occurred.

It was nice looking from the view I saw and convenient for those needing to do business at the courthouse and surrounding area, which I assumes would include law offices.
Actually, looking at Google satellite view, the Brightline Miami Central station is right across the street from the courthouse, so it could have been in the shot that you saw. The shot I saw on TV was an oblique view where the Metromover vehicles could be seen pulling into their station.

It was nice looking from the view I saw and convenient for those needing to do business at the courthouse and surrounding area, which I assumes would include law offices.
Yeah, my understanding is that a big intent of the Miami Central development is creating a bunch of office space in a great location for transit access, proximity to government offices, and local population density.

Back