BOS-ATL via NYP roomette/bedroom question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOS-T-Time

Train Attendant
Hello,

I was wondering something.... I have enough points to book a one zone roomette. I am planning on traveling BOS-ATL via the NE Regiona to NYP and the The Crescent to ATL. My question is .... if I used points for a roomette does that include the BOS-NYP in coach or do I have to use more points for that portion or purchase that segment. Second: if I have to purchase that segment, can it be done as one transaction?

thanks and happy rails!!!

Hello,

I was wondering something.... I have enough points to book a one zone roomette. I am planning on traveling BOS-ATL via the NE Regiona to NYP and the The Crescent to ATL. My question is .... if I used points for a roomette does that include the BOS-NYP in coach or do I have to use more points for that portion or purchase that segment. Second: if I have to purchase that segment, can it be done as one transaction?

The Roomette award includes the connecting train from BOS to NYP at no extra cost (dollars or points). Plus, since it is a sleeper service award, the segment between BOS and NYP will be in Business Class on a Regional (not Acela). When you call to book, be sure your Boston reservation is Business Class. Sometimes the AGR agents are a bit lax about that.

Hello,

I take a trip much like yours from ATL to New London each year. In your case and mine, the 15,000 points AGR roomette redemption includes both the NE Regional (NER) and Crescent routes. It can be done on one AGR transaction. One special note, this redemption will include a Business Class seat on the NER.

Regarding the BC portion, most agents do it, but I always ask casually, "The Regional is in BC, correct?" or some such statement! And also remember that since you are a sleeper passenger, you are entitled to use BOTH of the CA lounges in NYP AND BOS!
excl.gif

Back