Booked for 2nd Amtrak Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have booked my second ever Amtrak trip. The first one was in 2007 on the Texas Eagle from Austin to Chicago. Had a Superliner Sleeper Roomette and loved it.

This second trip is going to take some train switching. First it is from Houston to New Orleans. Then from New Orleans to Washington, DC. Then the next day, take the Carolinian to Charlotte. Stay a few days and then head to Greensboro and then back home to Houston (with a stop in New Orleans).

I didn't take any chances so I booked a Roomette on all trains (except the Carolinian, which apparently is a day train only).

A couple of questions -- Anything I should know about staying in a Viewliner Roomette? I've done the Superliner Roomette before, but never a Viewliner.

Also, anything I should know about the Carolinian? How about the Amtrak station in Charlotte? I need to rent a car there and fast.

Thanks in advance!

The Viewliner roomette has the toilet (covered by a lid) in the the room! There is no public rest rooms in the Viewliner sleepers.

Are you a member of Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR)?
huh.gif
If not, you should be! Send me a Private Message (PM) if you're not an AGR member, and I'll refer you to join!

I can't answer about Charlotte, as I never stopped there.

Charlotte car rental.

You can book with hertz and they will arrange for pickup, there is no car rental at station.

Hertz

Address: 1914 North Tryon Street

Charlotte, North Carolina

Phone : 704-359-0114

Hours of Operation: Mo-Fr 0500-0030 Sa 0500-2300, Su 0500-0030

Enterprise is 1.3 miles from station but not an easy walk. Call for pickup.

325 E 9TH ST

CHARLOTTE, NC 28202-2531

Tel.: (704) 334-8575

Avis at Hilton downtown is 1.8 miles from station.

222 E 3rd St

Charlotte, NC 28202

(704) 331-9007

Plenty of taxis waiting at station also.

On the Carolinian they do offer business class if you might be interested in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back