Bill Haithcoat and Atlanta

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
I'm sure by now that many people have seen on the news that Atlanta got hit last night by a tornado. As many members know, Bill Haithcoat lives in Atlanta. So I just thought that I'd take a minute to update everyone and let you know that Bill is safe and sound in his home.

I spoke with Bill about 2 hours ago by phone and he's just fine. His area of Atlanta did not get hit at all. He actually went downtown this morning he was telling me, just to look around. He couldn't see any damage done to his work building, but he was told that some damage was done nonetheless. He also told me that there was glass everywhere and that some areas are still closed because they are still worrying about falling glass from some of the buildings. He also said that there are curtains now hanging in the trees in the downtown parks, having been blown out of buildings and landed there.

Even as we were speaking though, the news down there was reporting yet another tornado on the ground north of Atlanta in the area of Gainsville, the stop before Atlanta on the southbound Crescent.

But again for those of you who know Bill, he is safe and sound. For anyone who has sent Bill an email or PM inquiring how he is, please know that he won't be able to answer you until he returns to work, hopefully on Monday.

I'm sure by now that many people have seen on the news that Atlanta got hit last night by a tornado. As many members know, Bill Haithcoat lives in Atlanta. So I just thought that I'd take a minute to update everyone and let you know that Bill is safe and sound in his home.
I spoke with Bill about 2 hours ago by phone and he's just fine. His area of Atlanta did not get hit at all. He actually went downtown this morning he was telling me, just to look around. He couldn't see any damage done to his work building, but he was told that some damage was done nonetheless. He also told me that there was glass everywhere and that some areas are still closed because they are still worrying about falling glass from some of the buildings. He also said that there are curtains now hanging in the trees in the downtown parks, having been blown out of buildings and landed there.

Even as we were speaking though, the news down there was reporting yet another tornado on the ground north of Atlanta in the area of Gainsville, the stop before Atlanta on the southbound Crescent.

But again for those of you who know Bill, he is safe and sound. For anyone who has sent Bill an email or PM inquiring how he is, please know that he won't be able to answer you until he returns to work, hopefully on Monday.
Thats good to hear, Alan. My family lives (and during the summer months, so do I) about 3-4 miles from Bill and reported just very heavy rain, hail, and intense thunder last night, but no Tornado.

...and I live about 10 miles east of Mr. Haithcoat...slept through everything...woke up surprised...no problems with electricity outages, etc. It's very surprising to have so little warning considering that the National Weather Service is located in Peachtree City, GA- about 40 miles southward of ATL.

I'm curious, though. The Crescent leaves Atlanta around 8:30pm or so headed north. I wonder if it encountered turbulence on its way towards Atlanta or after Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back