Best Airport Amtrak Station connection?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done the NOL airport/station connection & found it to be a long cab ride. I forgot to mention ABQ, but it's a nice connection where a hotel isn't necessary!
I believe that there's a bus direct from MSY to Union Passenger Terminal (NOL).

I'm given to believe that the easiest connection between air transport and Amtrak is at Newark (EWR). Baltimore (BWI) also gets high marks.
For those who keep bringing up the east coast airports/train stations, I believe the OP wants to skip riding the east coast trains because he's "been there, done that" many times and is tired of the scenery. He wants to start the train travel somewhere between the mid-west and west coast.

I've done the NOL airport/station connection & found it to be a long cab ride. I forgot to mention ABQ, but it's a nice connection where a hotel isn't necessary!
I believe that there's a bus direct from MSY to Union Passenger Terminal (NOL).
I'm given to believe that the easiest connection between air transport and Amtrak is at Newark (EWR). Baltimore (BWI) also gets high marks.
For those who keep bringing up the east coast airports/train stations, I believe the OP wants to skip riding the east coast trains because he's "been there, done that" many times and is tired of the scenery. He wants to start the train travel somewhere between the mid-west and west coast.
That is what the OP asked for, but especially given the general thread title, others may find this thread and consider the information for the east coast airports useful.

Yeah for major airport Newark Liberty is it for connection to main line passenger railroad. Actually, Miami is not bad either though only to Commuter Railroad. But you can do a same platform transfer from the TrRail Commuter Service to Amtrak Silver Service at Hollywood station. There are smaller airports that do have better connection than Newark.
FLL has a shuttle to Tri Rail. You can catch the Silver Service trains from there, Hollywood, Deerfield, Delray or West Palm Beach.

Yeah for major airport Newark Liberty is it for connection to main line passenger railroad. Actually, Miami is not bad either though only to Commuter Railroad. But you can do a same platform transfer from the TrRail Commuter Service to Amtrak Silver Service at Hollywood station. There are smaller airports that do have better connection than Newark.
FLL has a shuttle to Tri Rail. You can catch the Silver Service trains from there, Hollywood, Deerfield, Delray or West Palm Beach.
The shuffle goes to the airport Tri-Rail station, which is one stop south of the primary Fort Lauderdale station where Amtrak stops.

The shuffle goes to the airport Tri-Rail station, which is one stop south of the primary Fort Lauderdale station where Amtrak stops.
Thanks. That is what I was thinking, but was not sure.

So Miami has Aiport APM to MIC then Tri Rail to Holly wood to catch Amtrak.

Fort Lauderdale has bus shuttle to FLL Airport station and then Tri Rail from there to Fort Lauderdale Amtrak to catch Amtrak.

Thanks.

I wasn’t sure of that. So you take the tri rail to Hollywood, Deerfield, Delray or Erst Palm.

West Palm is the first Station with baggage service. Deerfield is staffed but no baggage service. Don’t know about Hollywood but Delray is unstaffed.

default_blush.png
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png
, I better stay over here on the West Coast,
default_hi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off-topic, but Anchorage's international airport has a "seasonal" ARR station connected right to the passenger terminal. They run chartered cruise ship trains directly from there to Whittier or Seward, or up to Denali NP....
default_cool.png

Thanks.
I wasnt sure of that. So you take the tri rail to Hollywood, Deerfield, Delray or Erst Palm.

West Palm is the first Station with baggage service. Deerfield is staffed but no baggage service. Dont know about Hollywood but Delray is unstaffed.
Actually Fort Lauderdale is the first Amtrak station north of the Airport station and it has baggage service. Hollywood, meanwhile, is south of the Airport station in the direction of Miami.

Thanks.
I wasnt sure of that. So you take the tri rail to Hollywood, Deerfield, Delray or Erst Palm.

West Palm is the first Station with baggage service. Deerfield is staffed but no baggage service. Dont know about Hollywood but Delray is unstaffed.
Actually Fort Lauderdale is the first Amtrak station north of the Airport station and it has baggage service. Hollywood, meanwhile, is south of the Airport station in the direction of Miami.
I should know that!!! I used to live in Hollywood. Mark it down to a senior moment![emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

Back