Any predictions for 30% and/or 50% points purchase bonuses this year?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePeace

Disillusioned.
I managed to squeak under the wire and buy all the points I could at the end of December, and got the 30% bonus.

We can all guess, but can anyone predict with reasons how it might go this year?\

Best to you all! See you on the train...

I'd say that the odds are pretty good that we'll see at least one or two 30%'s this year, like most years ever since they started allowing one to buy points.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a 50% however, that's only been done once in all these years. Not saying it couldn't happen. Just that I wouldn't count on it.

I'm also wondering if they do the bonus points deals in the spring -- planning a trip for next fall, and don't want to wait till fall to make the reservations, as the EB sometimes sells out for some segments, even that late in the season.
Generally the trend has been to have one in the spring and and at least one in the fall. But again, nothing can be guaranteed, as AGR will do what they think is best for them.

Back