Any pictures online of the new St. Louis station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Train Attendant
I've seen the generic picture that's now posted on texaseagle.com but it doesn't really convey much.

Also, does the St. Louis station have any sort of lounge for first class passengers, similar to the Metro Lounge in Chicago? If so, is it located in the same station? What are its hours? Amenities?

Less than 1 month until my first overnight ride on the Texas Eagle!

I was at the new St. Louis station yesterday for an open house. I don't have any pics. I forgot and left my camera at home.

The station does have a first class lounge. It has nice chairs, lamps and flat panel televisions.

The station is open 24 hours and has 24 hour security.

I am not sure if they have food yet. There is a sign saying a KFC and a Taco Bell opening soon.

It is really nice and so much better than what they were in.

Some of the tracks have not been laid at one platform. There is still that and some landscaping that still needs to be done. Overall is it really nice.

During the open house they had a train parked on one of the platforms so people could go in and view sleeping cars. Some rooms they had made up for night. They also had a cross country cafe car and were giving out free food.

I am sure you are going to like it.

I've seen the generic picture that's now posted on texaseagle.com but it doesn't really convey much.
Also, does the St. Louis station have any sort of lounge for first class passengers, similar to the Metro Lounge in Chicago? If so, is it located in the same station? What are its hours? Amenities?

Go to ksdk.com and type in "amtrak station" in the search box. there is a news story and you can see a video of the inside of the station.

Thanks for the feedback.

About the lounge, is it sufficiently cordoned off from the rest of the station to allow some quiet or privacy? Are there any Amtrak attendants in that area to hold your luggage for you in a secure area (hopefully free)? I'm trying to get a good idea of what all to expect before arriving; my ticket includes sleeping accomodations so that should allow me access.

Also, about how many yards would you guess is it from the tracks to the station?

We've got another thread on going regarding this new station in this topic. Inside you'll find a few links to newstories, as well as Amtrak's press release that talks about the first class lounge and other things in the new station.

Go to ksdk.com and type in "amtrak station" in the search box. there is a news story and you can see a video of the inside of the station.

Thanks for that video link. That already answered one of my questions. :)

Thanks for the feedback.
About the lounge, is it sufficiently cordoned off from the rest of the station to allow some quiet or privacy? Are there any Amtrak attendants in that area to hold your luggage for you in a secure area (hopefully free)? I'm trying to get a good idea of what all to expect before arriving; my ticket includes sleeping accomodations so that should allow me access.

Also, about how many yards would you guess is it from the tracks to the station?
The amtrak person I spoke to said there is an attendant in the first class lounge. It is down a hallway away from the main waiting area. I don't think noise will be a problem.

The tracks to the station is a walk, but it is all inside. the platforms are out side but you will go though some doors on the platform and up an escalator to a hallway. You are over the tracks. Then you will walk over the tracks and then down an escalator to get to the level of the staiton. You will go past the first class lounge and then into the main waiting area and food court. Its a good walk, say 40 yards maybe but it is all enclosed.

Enjoy the new station. I will be traveling from it in January.

It would be nice if they allowed BC passengers to use that during the day. I know this would probably create havoc in chicago, but with only one train a day coming through with sleepers, it would be nice to have more use of the metropolitan lounge.

It would be nice if they allowed BC passengers to use that during the day. I know this would probably create havoc in chicago, but with only one train a day coming through with sleepers, it would be nice to have more use of the metropolitan lounge.
I'm planning on taking a coach out of STL to KCI then I'll be in a sleeper to ABQ. I plan on using the Metro Lounge. I hope there is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back