Amtrak voucher

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

friendly45

Train Attendant
Hi

Last summer I made a wonderful journey on the CZ from CHI to California.

During that trip I encountered a little trouble : No running water was available from DEN to EMY in my car (I had a bedroom). Amtrak Customer Care gave me a compensation for that little inconvenience.

I don't have a printed voucher but just a record in file. I suppose that is an electronic voucher and I just have to give the number for a new reservation. Am I right? It's so simple?

I had a similiar experience happen, last month, from CHI-FTW, I didnt have water available in my car. I never thought about calling amtrak about it. What grade bedroom did you have? I just had a roomette.

Good question. I've only dealt with vouchers in physical form and that seemed to require heading over to the station to do anything with them. I'm assuming someone will come along with more information but maybe everyone's busy heading to the next meet up at the moment.

I don't have a printed voucher but just a record in file. I suppose that is an electronic voucher and I just have to give the number for a new reservation. Am I right? It's so simple?
I have never heard of such a thing. I have always gotten a printed voucher, that I could only use in person. It would be great if Amtrak now used electronic vouchers, with the next step of accepting them over-the-phone and on-line.

I travel often between MTP and Denver; so I've had plenty of experience with so-called travel vouchers back when UP was doing its thing. Of the many, only one was of the electronic variety. In this case Amtrak allowed me to go several months without paying for the ticket until the day of departure when I was able to apply the voucher with an agent. Whether this is standard policy or just being nice when I complained about not living near an agent, I don't know.

My experience with the paper vouchers has always been the same as Daxomni's, i.e., you have to deal with a station agent. What I do is pay for the tickets as usual and get a refund for the voucher amount when I can get to a station with an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back