Amtrak to Offer Riders Massages

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm...I wonder if ya can get a "local" in the sleepers, I mean, at these prices...

(Tip Not Included???)

Or, would that be going east outta Reno? ;)

Amtrak California placed this on the website for the Amtrak Capitols yesterday. At first I thought it was a joke but apparantly it's serious. You can read their perspective on it here.

I wonder how many on 538 would take advantage of this as the train after would be a more heavily patronized train out of Oakland with rush hour commuters.

Hey, it's good for publicity! :D I NEVER saw the Amtrak Capitols on the news before this neat little service started! I only hope it doesn't go away on February 6! :(

Good marketing move. Putting "Starbucks" in the long-suffering, and usually empty upstairs bar on the Superliner Observation Car would have a similar effect in the media. The publicity is worth more than the service.

Amtrak Watcher said:
Good marketing move. Putting "Starbucks" in the long-suffering, and usually empty upstairs bar on the Superliner Observation Car would have a similar effect in the media. The publicity is worth more than the service.
AW,

That would be a great move especially on the Coast Starlite and the Empire Builder.

You guys know that they used to have Starbucks onboard before, right? It is back to the Hills Bros because of cutbacks.

I thought it was Green Mountain now, what ever it is now it's still liquid coffee I know that much.

ah, well I dont' know about right now, maybe it is green mountain....but over the summer it was hills bros.

Starbucks! Starbucks! Starbucks! :D :D :D Starbucks would make a FORTUNE if they set up a coffee stand on the busy morning and evening Capitol Corridor commuter trains! It's too bad the California cars don't have an empty upstairs bar like the Superliner cars do - it would be perfect!

Now, now JC don't go calling them commuter trains, UP might hear and try to up the charge for trackage rights as commuter service costs more to run. What we have is the almost commuter commuter service (just below the threshold). No one wants to give UP any more money than they have to. :)

Hey, that's right up my alley. I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist licensed by the Medical Board of the State of Ohio. Maybe I could get on as a therapist at least on the Cardinal. What a job, doing two of the things I enjoy most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back