Amtrak to issue RFI for Acela II in early 2013

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused.

If the above-the-rail profits of Acela are roughly equivalent to the cost of the Acela sets, then how has Acela failed in a business sense? Certainly it hasn't achieved its goal running times, but the possibility of doing that in any short-range time frame is unlikely.

The fact that it's basically paying for itself, exposing more people to train travel (and public transit in general,) and leaving a positive impression is a good enough sign of success for me.

So let me get this straight. I come here and post the reasons why Gen II should not be purchased and I am branded a troll by the moderator who allows the "vested" members to refer to me as a "clown" and sundry other derogatory monikers because my opinion does not conform to that of the "vested" members here? This is a discussion forum is it not? Do I have this right? If one were to scroll back you would find that I countered when attacked.
I know I am going to regret this, but a life without some regrets is not a life lived. :huh:

I suggest you go back, read your posts and the tone and words in those posts. It is ok to disagree and have differing opinions, but you have been making snide remarks from early on. As for "vested" members, you have been posting as a guest. If you want to contribute or participate in this forum, join as a member. It does not cost anything and you can use any pseudonym you want to protect your day job. Forums such as this allow guest postings as a courtesy for people to post one time questions w/o having to join. Not for someone to make multiple postings over a period of weeks.

So let me get this straight. I come here and post the reasons why Gen II should not be purchased and I am branded a troll by the moderator who allows the "vested" members to refer to me as a "clown" and sundry other derogatory monikers because my opinion does not conform to that of the "vested" members here? This is a discussion forum is it not? Do I have this right? If one were to scroll back you would find that I countered when attacked.
I know I am going to regret this, but a life without some regrets is not a life lived. :huh:

I suggest you go back, read your posts and the tone and words in those posts. It is ok to disagree and have differing opinions, but you have been making snide remarks from early on. As for "vested" members, you have been posting as a guest. If you want to contribute or participate in this forum, join as a member. It does not cost anything and you can use any pseudonym you want to protect your day job. Forums such as this allow guest postings as a courtesy for people to post one time questions w/o having to join. Not for someone to make multiple postings over a period of weeks.
Amen, and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back