Amtrak should be worried

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes take that bus especially during holiday times. Did any of you see the media reports of the I-405 yesterday at 0400 AM in Los Angeles ?

He can enjoy the world famous beautiful scenery along I-95, I will take the 125mph run on a smooth track.
Meanwhile I will be inching along Metro-North at 50 mph and watching the I-95 traffic go whizzing past me during one of the frequent and inexplicable stops.

He can enjoy the world famous beautiful scenery along I-95, I will take the 125mph run on a smooth track.
Meanwhile I will be inching along Metro-North at 50 mph and watching the I-95 traffic go whizzing past me during one of the frequent and inexplicable stops.
Except...The speed limit on 95 west of New Haven is only 55mph. I'd hardly call 5mph faster "whizzing past you".

Except...The speed limit on 95 west of New Haven is only 55mph. I'd hardly call 5mph faster "whizzing past you".
If the speed limit is 55 the cars are going at least 65. ;)

1. What does a speed limit have to do with the actual speed of the traffic?

2. If you're stopped then 55MPH traffic is passing you at...55MPH (no joke).

3. When was the last time you drove an actual car on an actual interstate?

I'm fairly confident I read this exact same article over a year ago...

This really does seem like a thinly veiled ad for LimoLiner.

1. What does a speed limit have to do with the actual speed of the traffic?

2. If you're stopped then 55MPH traffic is passing you at...55MPH (no joke).

3. When was the last time you drove an actual car on an actual interstate?
Considering we're talking about a public transit company, we should hope they're doing the speed limit, so...The last time I drove is irrelevant as I do not drive buses for a private company.

Speeds on 95 towards/from Boston range from crawl to brisk, and everything in between depending on traffic and weather conditions. Unless a bus is governed, there is little chance it is traveling at the speed limit, if the rest of the traffic on the road is exceeding it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that guy forcing you to read all these worthless threads is a real jerk.

My life is now complete though, knowing that you didn't find this discussion interesting. I was up all night last night wondering if NW cannonball found the content we provide him engaging and mentally stimulating.

To clarify, that would be "for the carrier/operator" to serve. If you rent a party/charter bus, the people renting it may be able to serve (not sell) alcohol depending on the state and local laws of the area they are travelling and the policies of the bus company. But not in Canada, I think they still have a total ban on alcohol on a bus regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify, that would be "for the carrier/operator" to serve. If you rent a party/charter bus, the people renting it may be able to serve (not sell) alcohol depending on the state and local laws of the area they are travelling and the policies of the bus company. But not in Canada, I think they still have a total ban on alcohol on a bus regardless.
You are correct.... currently it is legal in some area's to consume alcohol brought aboard a privately chartered bus, but IMHO, it should not be...

Sometimes, especially on "football fan" charters, and similar, intoxication can get out of control, and wild behavior can interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle. The driver is not in a protected cab like other modes of transport that do permit alcohol...

I don't disagree with you. Neither does Canada. I was just pointing out the current law. It can get silly. You can consume onboard across some states legally, but have to cap bottles entering certain areas because they have "open container laws" that apply to the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back