Amtrak reservations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 01/15 I reserved a bedroom on the EB going from CHI to SEA. They assigned me bedroom A and at that time I didn't know about AU and didn't know that this is the smaller bedroom. A few weeks ago I started calling Julie and asking if they could modify my res to another bedroom. Kept saying all bedrooms sold out, try again. The last time I called, a friendly rep took my phone number and told he'd make a note of my request and call me if there was a cancellation. Has anyone heard of this and would you rely on what he told me, or just keep calling once a day. Thanks for any advice. John

Yes, the A Bedroom is a little smaller than the other four as seen below:

Superliner Bedroomsa.jpg

One difference between the A Bedroom and the other four is that it has no access door to Bedroom B in order to form a two bedroom suite - which can be a source of rattles. And if that's the last car and that end of the car is aft, you're closest to the "railfan" window. However, you can't sit on the "throne" and enjoy the scenery in Bedroom A. If you want a change, I'd recommend calling every day.

If all else fails, ask the SCA and/or the conductor when you board the train. Perhaps you'll luck out and they might help out. It may be open for a while but, unless a room vacancy matches your itinerary it may not be possible. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back