Amtrak Funding

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tom

With this new bill that is currently going through the Senate that "cuts subsidies by 40%", how much would Amtrak get per year when you factor in the funds for infrastructure and equipment improvements and etc? What would happen to the other bill that would give Amtrak 1.4 billion next year? What reforms and restructuring are they talking about in the new bill? How will Amtrak change over the next few years if this new bill gets passed?

Check the thread "Senators propose reduction..." Right now, that thread is on the bottom of the first page, but by the time you check it, it might be on the second page of the forum (unless someone posts to it, in which case it will wind up back toward the top of the first page, but anyway...).

I posted a brief summary of the bill, which notes that total funding would amount to $1.9 billion per year, most of it going to help out Amtrak's budget in some form or another, with a little bit going to help states pay for service.

rmadisonwi said:
Check the thread "Senators propose reduction..." Right now, that thread is on the bottom of the first page, but by the time you check it, it might be on the second page of the forum (unless someone posts to it, in which case it will wind up back toward the top of the first page, but anyway...).
I posted a brief summary of the bill, which notes that total funding would amount to $1.9 billion per year, most of it going to help out Amtrak's budget in some form or another, with a little bit going to help states pay for service.
Now it's at the top, since I just pinned the topic due to its importance.

What kind of "restructuring" do you see for the long-distance routes? Will any new routes be added?

Back