Amtrak from Dallas to Disneyland in California?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far away is Disneyland from the Anaheim or Fullerton stations?

Thanks
2-5 miles, depending on which station you are using.
Aloha

Gs got me curios because I thought the numbers two large, but close. I checked with my Deloreme Street Atlas 2008 and found out that Amtrak station to the Main gate Disneyland was; Anaheim 2.9 miles; Fullerton 12.15

Surprised me.

I also for the heck of it looked at Google earth and what it shows is how industrial the area around the park is. OH Well It is "the Happiest place on earth" and I get to visit it end of October, beginning of November, but I can't take a train.
I was right on Anahiem, but far underestimated on Fullerton. Thanks Eric for confirming it.

Hey Eric, at least you will ride a train- monorail that goes round.

Last Friday's NARP Hotline mentioned that ART will begin meeting Pacific Surfliner trains in Anaheim to take folks to the resort area. Apparently starts October 1.

How far away is Disneyland from the Anaheim or Fullerton stations?Thanks
As GG-1 noted, Fullerton station is WAY further than the Anaheim station from Disneyland. I wouldn't recommend using Fullerton to get to Disneyland, unless there are other reasons - maybe family or friends in the area.

Oh, and there are more trains than the monorail at the Tragic Kingdom, as I'm sure GG-1 is well aware (former cast member that he is :) ). There's the Casey Jones (is that right?) train, the park train, and for the kiddies a caricature streetcar in the ToonTown area.

Also, a hop, skip, and a jump away in Buena Park is Knott's Berry Farm, which has a REAL train. Not an attenuated Disney version, but an authentic antique steam locomotive - full size, not Disney scale - which runs around the park pulling passengers. Very cool. Plus, Knott's is always far less crowded than Disneyland, and much less expensive. Better roller coasters, too (do those count as trains?). Oh yeah: Knott's Berry Farm also has a live steamer operation in a kiddie area. The locomotive uses propane for fuel, and the layout is nothing to write home about, but kids seem to love it.

I was right on Anaheim, but far underestimated on Fullerton. Thanks Eric for confirming it.
Hey Eric, at least you will ride a train- monorail that goes round.
And also the trains circling the park, can't wait till Oct 30. A thought about the millage difference I did map to the main entrance from the train station. I am not going to worry my daughter will do the driving. And that gives us a cool vantage for the evening fireworks, the top floor of the garage. that week though, only the weekends

Will you be in the area or will you be traveled out from the gathering?

Aloha

Eric

And also the trains circling the park, can't wait till Oct 30. A thought about the millage difference I did map to the main entrance from the train station. I am not going to worry my daughter will do the driving. And that gives us a cool vantage for the evening fireworks, the top floor of the garage. that week though, only the weekends

Will you be in the area or will you be traveled out from the gathering?

Aloha

Eric

I grew up in nearby Disneyland area, about 30 minute ride on Metrolink to the east, or compare to 45 minutes drive (or 2+ hours in traffic).

I'll be at the Chicago gathering.

Oh yeah: Knott's Berry Farm also has a live steamer operation in a kiddie area. The locomotive uses propane for fuel, and the layout is nothing to write home about, but kids seem to love it.
Knotts has two steam trains in operation: The aforementioned kiddie train, and the Calico Railroad, a full sized version that runs through the middle of the park. The kiddie train burns propane where the full sized version burns kerosene. Many years ago I worked as a conductor on the Calico railroad when I was in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back