Amtrak Checked Firearms Program

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NAVYBLUE said:
1325018555[/url]' post='336875']I have a concealed weapons permit from PA/NV/UT/AZ/FL. that allows me to conceal carry in (35) states. Three of those states(NV/UT/AZ) required a national background check, state police/sheriff's association certified training class and a range

qualification. FL/PA required national background check and issued permit based on quals from other (3) states. I have to know the laws as I travel/traveled to (46) states by RV and car for (3) years prior to retiring in NV.

18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq. would cover you so long as you are traveling. This FEDERAL law that Mr Leemell quoted basically says you can travel anywhere as long as your weapon/ammo is unloaded and locked in a secure case. The "case" can/is different for each state. To cover ALL (50) states mine is a fireproof lockable box capable of withstanding 2,000 degrees for (1) hour. Every state (there are two) who has tried to prosecute someone who has traveled through with weapons locked in a box have lost. The federal law prevalied.

http://www.handgunla...es/illinois.pdf This law would actually allow you take possession of checked luggage at the Chicago station which had a UNLOADED weapon in a case like mine, go to a hotel for 1-2 nights, go back to station, check luggage and proceed west or east on a train. While in Illinois you better NEVER unlock that case to check to make sure the weapon is there or any other reason, because you now have access and are guilty of a felony.

I have no problem with AMTRAK's policy and letting them know if I have a cased weapon in my checked baggage. Hell, the FBI, Office of Naval Intelligence, DOJ, TSA, DOD, BATF and every military base in the U.S. knows I have a weapon. What the hell is another govt/quasi govt agency.

NAVYBLUE

PS: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ask a police officer about weapons law. Learn them yourself or from a certified firearms instructor.

Yea the FOPA is nice for us road warriors. Of course it would only be able to be used as a. Defense to prosecution if you ran into a Barney Fife type in NYC Chicago etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back