Amtrak app version 1.6

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOS-T-Time

Train Attendant
Hello,
Amtrak app version 1.6 is out today. Three updates including better station information with map integration, along with recently selected stations for a quicker look up.
My favorite update is the ability to swap the to and from origination and destination when searching for schedules and buying tickets. I have been waiting for this update since the app was first put out. Makes for a very quick trip planner and to see schedule times much better for your return trip.
All and all this app is getting better and better and is very user friendly. Koodos to Amtrak and their I.T. team for advancing this technology.

BOS-T-Time

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad the app is under continuous improvement.

I'd like to see some facility for storing CC information. The most recent time I used the app to buy a ticket, I was being driven to the station to catch that same train. Fumbling with a credit card to tap out 16+ digits at night in a moving car was more work than I would have preferred.

I'd also like to see an easier way to move tickets into Passbook. Now, there are too many drill-down taps before you see a non-obvious button that reveals the transfer function.

Here's hoping that they fixed the link/checkin feature between the App & Facebook. It's been broken for months now.

Last night I downloaded the update for the Amtrak app to my iPad2. Previously the link to the tickets for our upcoming trip was shown at the bottom of the home page. Now that is gone. I was able to get to them from the account doing a trip lookup. That will make it a lot more inconvenient checking in on the train. We were looking forward to using it on our upcoming trip.

Also, what it "Passbook". I find no explanation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After upgrading on my iPod Touch I was still able to see my upcoming trip at the bottom of the page.

I'm having the issue of my reservations not appearing on my iPhone 4. Did the usual tricks, restated the app, logged in and logged out.

All 4 of my future trips are now gone. And I can't look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back