Amtrak advertising/marketing on TV

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching the Yankees - Red Sox game right now. I'm sure all of my fellow baseball fans on the forum are familiar with the scrolling advertising boards behind home plate. In the top of the third inning, both boards at Fenway Park had the Amtrak name and logo. I've seen Amtrak advertising more at sports venues recently (e.g. the Acela Clubs at the Verizon Center in DC and Citi Field in NY), but I've never seen them advertise in this particular place, arguably the most effective place to advertise in a baseball stadium because the camera is pointed at it for most of the inning. Nice to see.

And while we're mentioning baseball - GO YANKEES!

Yeah, the Washington Caps advertise heavily for Amtrak (including the Acela Express Teleistrator during each intermission and animated Acela Express trains that run all the way around the arena).

Also, the Amtrak account on Facebook posted a Spanish language commercial they've developed today.

I have a subscription to "Yankee" magazine, mailed to me in Australia. It promotes New England. In the most recent one, Amtrak has a full page ad. It is an attractive 30s/art deco style in design, very effective IMO, showing someone in a sleeper gazing out the window at night. I guess the target audience of the mag is older folk with time/money to travel. Dlagrua, your idea sounds great, harking back to the "good old days" (read comfort/safety/warmth/pleasure) is a deep-seated need in many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back