Amtrak #8 with an engine on the end!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgiaquin

Service Attendant
A few minutes ago I saw a late train 8 with an engine at the end?! Can anyone fill me in as to why?

A few minutes ago I saw a late train 8 with an engine at the end?! Can anyone fill me in as to why?
See how it works is - the engine is at the end so it can pull the train along the track. Sorry - I couldn't resist.

How about some details? Where was this? Whose engine was it? Amtrak's? What was on the OTHER end?

Again - sorry for the ribbing.

jb

See how it works is - the engine is at the end so it can pull the train along the track. Sorry - I couldn't resist.

How about some details? Where was this? Whose engine was it? Amtrak's? What was on the OTHER end?

Again - sorry for the ribbing.

jb
Okay it was in Winona MN. It was an amtrak engine. The other end had the usual 2 P42s.

Wouldn't matter what direction its failing if they tacked it on the end. The engine had to be shut down with the engine brakes cut out, only automatics could be set up for it to be back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back