AGR should have new level

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtabern

Conductor
I have been riding like crazy this fall with double points from September through next Monday! (Mainly small 100-point trips to rack up points)

I almost have 15,000 rail points for 2008... so that led me to think...

There should be a new 15,000 point level... the Amtrak Guest Rewards Super Select Plus.... hahaha.

What would it include?

* 100 percent bonus on each trip

* 1 free upgrade coupon from coach to sleeper during non-holiday periods

* 5,000 bonus points a year (old "magazine points")

* and a chance to rent out the Club Acela or Metropolitan Lounge of your choice for a private party after-hours... hahaha.

* 1 free coupon for a cab ride

Egh, thought I would have fun with it... while poking fun at myself for trying to rack up as many points before the 12/15 cut-off.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize though that unless you got that special email, the double points don't count towards status, only the base points do.

And by the way, while you can't rent the club itself, it is possible to rent out the conference rooms in the Club Acela's, even without status.

It would be nice if Amtrak could offer some sort of automatic-upgrade (without coupons) like some airline elite FFs do. Having to turn in the coupon at a ticket counter is such a pain.

It would be nice if Amtrak could offer some sort of automatic-upgrade (without coupons) like some airline elite FFs do. Having to turn in the coupon at a ticket counter is such a pain.
Perhaps once automated ticketing is up and running they might just do that.

Perhaps once automated ticketing is up and running they might just do that.

What is the plan for automated tickets like what do you mean? Like an eTicket when you fly or something I just dont get (most likely)

What is the plan for automated tickets like what do you mean? Like an eTicket when you fly or something I just dont get (most likely)
Without getting way off topic here, you'll be able to print out a barcoded page that you'll hand to the conductor as your ticket. There are a few topics on this subject floating around here.

I'd love to see some kind of deals on sleepers. I know Amtrak would be reluctant to give away any type of big discount on their prime money maker, but it would be cool to something like 10% sleeper fare or something like that. AGR once called me a few years ago to take a survey, and some of the comments I left were to have more benefits for people that don't live on the East Coast.

Back