AGR Credit Card

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know. But when you call AGR one of the "Push 1, Push 2, etc..." choices is to apply for the AGR credit card, However, I don't know what that sign-up bonus is. (It could be just 5K.)
I'd never sign up over the phone. I am much more comfortable applying on line, where I can take screen shots of the offer. Not that I've ever had a dispute with Chase, quite the reverse. I just feel safer.
I just applied using this link back in December or so- I got it from another travel points website. I never check my yahoo email that my AGR account is linked to, so I don't know if I was ever targeted or not, but, using this link, I got my 32000 points. (and usually around 1500 points a month in spend!)

I know at least 2 others who have gotten the 32000 using this link who were not targeted. I really don't think Chase cares, as long as they get to issue another bankruptcy creator credit card to someone.

AGR 32000 point offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the big reason for having 2 or 3 months of your income in a savings account or as a buffer in your checking account.That enables you to pay off any emergency expense and still pay off your balance each month.That buffer is about the best favor you can do for yourself .Pay off the balance each and every month and be and the good money side of the fence.

The other thing with having a credit card is how aware are you of your spending. for me, I have always tried to pay off my balance each month. But sometimes, things just come up, car repairs, emergencies, etc. that you need to use your credit to get by. It bothers me when I can't right a check for the whole amount which makes me spend less the next month to save to pay it off.

I applied about a week ago. I received a call this afternoon from the "chase credit card fraud agency" they wanted to confirm some information.. Does everyone get this call? She stated I will hear something in 7-14 days. When I applied online it was 10 days. So What gives?? She said they have to run credit information checks..

Any insight anybody?

I always get concerned when a credit card calls me. First, I usually don't take calls unless I know who is calling. When they leave a number, I don't use that number. I always call the number on the back of the card. I would not give them any personal information over the phone.

Makes me wonder if you don't need to sign up at the Government site that offers 1 truly free credit report per year and check out your credit report. If the fraud agency is truly calling, I have to wonder if your Social Security number got used by someone else for nefarious purposes.

Be careful, don't be fooled by the one's that pretend to be free and then sell you an ongoing service with monthly or annual fees. Use the link above to read about your rights and then follow their link to the free site.

And yes, to echo Benjibear, I hope that you only confirmed information that they provided to you and that you didn't tell them anything that they didn't already know. Of course in your case, you don't yet have a card so you can't call that number back. But there are other ways to ensure things too, such as Googling the number that called you.

And yes, to echo Benjibear, I hope that you only confirmed information that they provided to you and that you didn't tell them anything that they didn't already know. Of course in your case, you don't yet have a card so you can't call that number back. But there are other ways to ensure things too, such as Googling the number that called you.
My iPhone showed it as an Illinois phone number.

I just looked it up and it comes back to Elk Grove. Not sure if Chase has a place out there or not. But with my limited time I can't look into it.

My iPhone showed it as an Illinois phone number.

I just looked it up and it comes back to Elk Grove. Not sure if Chase has a place out there or not. But with my limited time I can't look into it.
I do know that several years ago Chase took over the credit card operations of First Chicago (then called Bank One). In the early 1990's First Chicago was the country's largest credit bank including, among others, the Visa card of United Airlines. Chase took over Bank One in 2004. Your Elk Grove call would be consistent with Chase's continuation of the First Chicago / Bank One operations.

The customer service number for the Chase AGR card is 800.231.2568. You could call that number and see if the Elk Grove number for Chase is legit.

Credit card companies can access any (or even all) of the credit rating agencies in seconds and approvals don't normally take long to process unless there is some sort of major network disruption. If it's taking multiple days to get an answer then chances are you're about to be denied. If you want to know why and/or make a case for being approved anyway then you should call the Chase Personal Credit Reconsideration Line at 888-245-0625.

TS,

While I do largely agree with you, the oddity here is that the Fraud department got involved. That's odd, as normally you don't hear from Fraud until your card has been compromised. Which is why I was worried that his SS number may have been borrowed.

Back