AGR and the Amtrak Android APP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Amtrak app on my Galaxy S4 updated yesterday (2.0.15). I notice that when I go to the AGR page the the links under the points display (My Tier Progress, My Recent Transactions, My Promotions) do not appear to work any more. Yes, did a device restart!

Anyone else notice this?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 also and it works if you click on the menu indicator in the upper right of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear and if you click on My Account you will see My Tier Progress, My Recent Transactions, and My Promotions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, it works for me just fine. Nothing happens when I click on the links beneath my point total on the main page but once I click on the menu icon on the upper right and the drop-down menu appears I can click on each link from there and see the information I want including individual transactions.

I noticed that the current Amtrak Android App apparently needs access to activity logs, browsing history, bookmarks, contacts, location, images, audio, video, external memory, etc. to perform its job. Seems like some odd requirements for booking a ticket or telling me if a given train is late. I wonder how scouring my personal information helps me do business with Amtrak. Is it merely an overzealous marketing ploy or does Amtrak give/sell my personal information to other companies and their friends at the DEA? Does installing the application legally grant Amtrak the right to use my pictures and likeness to advertise their services? Seems like after we discovered that Amtrak was so fond of taking ownership of anything to which they were given access folks would be a bit more concerned than to just hand over everything in their phone.

Yes, the menu in the upper right works (after a login - thought I already was) but, the links under the points balance used to work (until recently) without having to go to the menu. The bar with the points also says "Log Out" as if I'm logged in!

I have an HTC phone and am experiencing the same issue. The options on the AGR front page don't work, but going through the menu to my account seems fine.

Back