Adirondack questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.......However, all announcements thereafter were in English first. My guess is that someone reminded her that they were in "English" provinces.
Actually, Manitoba has a rather large French population....one of the largest west of Quebec.
Thanks for that information. My Canadian geography is very limited. Is Winnipeg in Manitoba? If so, that explains a lot.

.......However, all announcements thereafter were in English first. My guess is that someone reminded her that they were in "English" provinces.
Actually, Manitoba has a rather large French population....one of the largest west of Quebec.
Thanks for that information. My Canadian geography is very limited. Is Winnipeg in Manitoba? If so, that explains a lot.
Yes Winnipeg is in southern Manitoba. I was there about 40 years ago.

If I could get to Winnipeg from Thunder Bay on any kind of train at all I would be happy. Or to Thunder Bay on any train from USA. There may be buses. Sure are a few (pricey) planes.

All the Saint Paul MN to Winnipeg trains in the days of my youth are long gone.

When I was a teeny tiny kid, my folks took me to Winnipeg -- it was cool, we dined at a Chinese restaurant.

But, if only (not now) Thunder Bay was on VIA, I would go there in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back