Adding an additional Passenger to Sleeper

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbytony

Train Attendant
I have a deluxe sleeper on the SWC from LAX to CHI. in October Was planning on traveling alone but now my wife is able to travel with me.

What do I need to purchase for her ticket wise, and if she shares my sleeper, how do we handle her meals? My meals are included with the sleeper.

Thanks

Tony

I have a deluxe sleeper on the SWC from LAX to CHI. in October Was planning on traveling alone but now my wife is able to travel with me.

What do I need to purchase for her ticket wise, and if she shares my sleeper, how do we handle her meals? My meals are included with the sleeper.

Thanks

Tony
If you haven't printed your ticket yet, it's very easy: just call Amtrak and ask to add her to the reservation. She will only have to pay lowest-bucket coach rail fare; you've already paid the accomodation charge for the bedroom, which includes meals for two adults. If you already printed your ticket, it's the same story, but you may have to mail it back or take it to the nearest station to have it re-issued.

By the way, "deluxe sleeper" is now called a "bedroom".

However, if you are using AGR points there is NO DIFFERENCE in price :rolleyes: . For that reason when reserving rooms with AGR points I always say that my wife is traveling with me :giggle: . Leads to increased flexibility. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back