Acela Business Class galleys?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailliw

OBS Chief
So this weekend because of a Truway Motorcoach cancelation I got to ride the Acela for the first time; Philadelphia to NYC. Definitely a much nicer experience than the Northeast Regional. I was in Business Class and on of the odd details I noticed about the cars is that they small galleys similar to one's I've seen on VIA and what looked like a padded seat for an attendant in a small alcove. Did the Acela originally have at seat service in Business Class?

So this weekend because of a Truway Motorcoach cancelation I got to ride the Acela for the first time; Philadelphia to NYC. Definitely a much nicer experience than the Northeast Regional. I was in Business Class and on of the odd details I noticed about the cars is that they small galleys similar to one's I've seen on VIA and what looked like a padded seat for an attendant in a small alcove. Did the Acela originally have at seat service in Business Class?

Those were originally phone booths.

Are you referring to the car at opposite end from F/C? That car has a galley that was used for cart service which existed for several years on the busier trains. The other spots you saw are as noted above...former phone booths.

Back