Accessing reward booking online / Passbook pass

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Train Attendant
Is there any possible way to view one's reward booking (using AGR points) on the Amtrak.com website? I'd love to add the trip to my Amtrak iPhone app so I can add it to Passbook. The paid leg of my trip I was able to do that and have a Passbook pass for. It's just the reward leg leaves me without a convenient Passbook pass. I'd rather than than printing out the eticket.

Thanks,

Andy

I haven't found any way to add an AGR booking to your passbook and unfortunately you can't pull it up online either. It appears to be a flaw in the AGR booking system.

My suggestion: if you're using an iPhone... pull up the PDF document that AGR emailed you and save it to your iBooks app. It's less convenient than using Passbook... but at least conductors can scan the barcode right off the screen and saves you from having to print that segment.

I'm pretty sure you can do it. I actually used an eVoucher at a ticket window to get a new set of tickets for myself and my kid. The ticket agent asked if I wanted an eTicket emailed to my email address (it was on the eVoucher). It was properly sent. In addition to that, I was able to look up the ticket in my recent trips (it actually came up as the old reservation number) and I was able to add it via Passbook. Later on that option disappeared, but I was still able to look up my reservation on the app using the reservation number and my email address. With just that info I was able to pull up the reservation and then once it was up I was able to add it to Passbook again (I actually deleted the previous Passbook ticket and was able to add it again).

I'm pretty sure that when you make your reservation, your email address is attached to the reservation.

Of course I haven't tried this myself. You might find it doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back