747 in Austin

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atlas going to MEX. Nothing spooky going on, they fly through AUS all the time. And yes they have proper registration.
In my experience Atlas Air normally looks like this

Atlas_Air_B742_N517MC.jpg

But a quick check of the web indicates that they now have at least a few aircraft that appear to be in some sort of witness protection (or wet lease) program.

839429.jpg

BA replacing the 787 on their flight with a 747? That is very unusual. Many other airlines are retiring their 747s for newer aircraft - like the 787!
A surprise to me too. Aren't 747s,even the newer versions, Fuel Hogs like all 4 engine jets? I may just have to take a day trip to London just to ride on a 747 again!
Depends on what sort of fleet you're operating and which aircraft are available within that fleet. Right now 744's are paid off and fossil fuel is cheap. Thus you have a 747 replacing a 787 from Austin to London.

Looks like N407KZ and N859GT are the only two in the all white, but both of their whereabouts are accounted for...

I found a picture of N850GT in all white from Jan of 2016, but she's wearing a Panalpina livery in picture before and after that.

Definitely curious!

With the carrier and flight number now known, Flightradar24 is your friend.

Atlas Air 8890 operated with N445MC.

N445MC is a B747-400F and was originally operated by Korean Air Lines in cargo service. Atlas Air acquired it in September, thus perhaps the all white paint job.

Back