7/27 Leaving Late from CHI?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraneMan

Conductor
What's the deal with them leaving soo late?? They are not getting in that late anymore... Same with others? Are they short staffed with the holiday season?

Seems to be a yard issue, but beyond that I can only speculate. NYS is having obvious issues all across the board (and on a particularly impressive scale at that).

What's the deal with them leaving soo late?? They are not getting in that late anymore... Same with others? Are they short staffed with the holiday season?
As noted in another similar thread by Al (Oldtimer), working in the yard when the temps are this cold is a nightmare. You get frozen airlines; frozen traps on the single level cars; frozen water & sewage lines; etc. No doubt it is issues like this that are causing problems getting the trains out of the yard on time.

In the case of 30, Crew rest kept us til 7:30, after which problems in the dining and lounge cars resulted in both being subbed out with a diner lounge, and engine problems resulted in the engines from yesterday's 6 being subbed in.

In the case of 30, Crew rest kept us til 7:30, after which problems in the dining and lounge cars resulted in both being subbed out with a diner lounge, and engine problems resulted in the engines from yesterday's 6 being subbed in.
Based on what I'm hearing, it sounds a lot like Amtrak opted to throw the Builder under the bus to keep everything else out of CHI running.

Tough Choice but with the Mess on the Hi-Line and the Extreme Temps, using Superliner Equipment to keep the the Card and the Michigan Trains Running seems like a Wise Decision by Amtrak Management! I sure wouldnt want to be on the Builder when it is 50 Below!!!!!!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back