303/304 Trip Report

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakFan

Conductor
Group,

For my 16th Birthday my Dad took me to Springfield, IL on Amtrak. We booked 303/304. It was a very nice trip at 8AM We boarded in Chicago and left ontime at 8:15AM then after Summit,IL I went to the Cafe to get some Juice. Nothing really happened until after we passed Joliet then when it gets into the Countryside the train starts rolling. The Conductor had to throw someone off at Lincolin, IL for not having proper moeny. We did have an ontime arrival into Springfield. The Concest was

P42 114

Coach 34026 Parshally Refuburished

Coach-Cafe 35005

Coach 34006 Parhsally Refuburished Sat here

Then on 304 we left Springfield, IL 20 Mintues late the train was oversold but thankfully my Dad and I were able get a seat speratly :( :angry: The Delays got worse we had to slow down for signal woes in Pontaic, IL. Then in Cicero, IL a Freight had Mechaical Woes at Ash St. Crossing which made us Miss our 9:30 BNSF Train Home.

Concest

P42 16

Coach-Bag. 31002 IVb

Coach 34073 IVb

Coach-Cafe 35004 IVb Sat Here I had a ton of fun next trip some time in Febuary or March to visit Grandma in Milwaukee to fix her computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back