3 in a Sleeper SPI-CHI?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckysBarn

Lead Service Attendant
Planning a girl trip from SPI-CHI. One has a bad back. I thought it would be nice to get a roomette or the H room for her, in case she needs to lay down. It's only about 4 hours, so we won't be overnighting. Will this be possible? Or the family bedroom? Or should we just plan on business class on Lincoln Service?

If the Eagle is on time an abbreviated Lunch is normally served after Springfield on the way to CHI, so you could have Lunch ( included with the Room) in the Diner though CHI has literally hundreds of great places to eat!

Also gives you the chance to enjoy some private stock booze in your room if it's that kind of girls trip.
Ahem...you didn't read that here, but.

"You have to drink your own alcohol while in your room. But...if you're walking around with an Amtrak coffee cup and a lid on it, no one is going to ask you what's in there."

You didn't read that here.

e10503.gif

So we should be able to get 3 in a sleeper? Super!

And RyanS, don't worry about our private stock :) . We've got that covered!
In a Bedroom yes, in a Roomette No!And in a Roomette, which only allows 2 Adults, only 2 of the meals would be included, you'd have to Spring for a $10 Lunch for the 3rd Person plus a Coach ticket on the Rez.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Amtrak will allow you put 3 in a roomette. Even if it isn't overnight. You'd have to go for a bedroom.

So we should be able to get 3 in a sleeper? Super!

And RyanS, don't worry about our private stock :) . We've got that covered!
In a Bedroom yes, in a Roomette No!

And only 2 of the meals would be included, you'd have to Spring for a $10 Lunch for the 3rd Person on the Rez.
You can actually book up to 4 adults in a bedroom (and viewliner accessible room) for daytime (non-berth) travel, and 5 in a family bedroom- and 3 in a roomette. That last, though, would be uncomfortable unless the adults were extremely teeny.

What is this "only 2 of the meals would be included?" Are meals for all people booked into a sleeper no longer included? They were last time I looked, within the past year.

All meals for people booked in a sleeper are included, yes. I think what Jim was trying to say is that if they did a roomette, only 2 people would be allowed to be booked in there, therefore only 2 meals would be included.

He is correct on all counts. 3 adults in a roomette is not permitted, even for non-berth service.

Whoops. My bad! I read the chart correctly the first time, and then *looked again* and misread (forgot that H is *child* not *adult*) and *edited* my post before hitting submit. You are absolutely correct, no three adults in a roomette.

However, that isn't at all what Jim seemed to be referring to in the claim about 2 meals only and having to pay for the third.

Thank you all! We aren't too concerned with the meals, but with the comfort of our friend with the bad back.

Just one last clarification: 3 would not be permitted in the H room because it only seats 2, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back