10% Point Rebate on AGR Redemptions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that the T&C for the AGR card now say that the rebate goes to 5% for redemptions after Aug. 1. The date is when you redeem the points, not when you actually travel.

I noticed that the T&C for the AGR card now say that the rebate goes to 5% for redemptions after Aug. 1. The date is when you redeem the points, not when you actually travel.
Well a rebate that good wasn't going to last. However, 5% is better than nothing. I've got plenty of nothing.

I'm trying to get all of my trips booked before July 31st. So far I have booked my annual trip from NJ to FL next February (Bedroom), One way of an Auto Train trip in August (2 roomettes and a car)and 3 one ways from NJ to DC. Total points rebated are 8,900 or almost 3 one ways to DC. My daughter will attend college in DC starting this fall so they will come in handy!

Last edited by a moderator:
But up to July 31, 2010 it's still 10% - even if you redeem on July 31, 2010 for a trip on May 16, 2011! :cool:
What if I booked now and have to make adjustments For my trip in May? What will happen? Will I have to rebook the whole trip and lose the bonus? I know when I'm planning to leave but I don't know when I'm coming back yet.

Just a reminder that Friday is the last day to book and get the 10% rebate. (It's technically Saturday 7/31, but you can only book single-segment coach tickets that way. You have to call in to book anything else, and the call center isn't open weekends.)

Starting 8/1, the rebate is 5% for AGR Mastercard holders.

Back