What's my car and roomette number?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cho Cho Charlie

Engineer
OK, I haven't been on an Amtrak trip a while. :ph34r:

I just made my reservations on Amtrak's website, but no where does it tell me my car number nor my room number. I seem to remember all the previous times I have ever made reservations on-line, I always had that info included with my confirmation. The confirmation has my dates/times, my train number, a break down of my fare including that I have a roomette, and the ticket machine's bar code. But that's it.

Does Amtrak no longer disclose such car and room number info? Will I have to wait until I print my tickets (which BTW will only be minutes before I board the train)?

Is this info given somewhere, and I am just not finding it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at my confirmation right now. Mine says

Train: ___Departure: (city)

(date & time)

Arrival: (city)

(date & time)

Accommodations: Superliner Roomette ___ In Car ____

Train: ____

Departure: (city)

(date & time)

(date & time)

Accommodations: Viewliner Roomette ___ In Car ____

I'm looking at my confirmation right now. Mine says
Train: ___Departure: (city)

(date & time)

(date & time)

Accommodations: Superliner Roomette ___ In Car ____

Train: ____

Departure: (city)

(date & time)

(date & time)

Accommodations: Viewliner Roomette ___ In Car ____
Mine is:

Purchase Summary

(date)

91 Silver Star (station - station)

Depart: (time, day, date)

Arrive: (time, day, date)

Duration: (hours, minutes)

1 Adult ($fare)

1 Viewliner Roomette ($fare)

Subtotal ($$$$)

Purchase Total ($$$$)

Have you received an EMAIL from AMTRAK summarizing your reservation? I think THAT is where you will see the car and accommodation number.

OK, I haven't been on an Amtrak trip a while. :ph34r:
I just made my reservations on Amtrak's website, but no where does it tell me my car number nor my room number. I seem to remember all the previous times I have ever made reservations on-line, I always had that info included with my confirmation. The confirmation has my dates/times, my train number, a break down of my fare including that I have a roomette, and the ticket machine's bar code. But that's it.

Does Amtrak no longer disclose such car and room number info? Will I have to wait until I print my tickets (which BTW will only be minutes before I board the train)?

Is this info given somewhere, and I am just not finding it?

The cabin assignment will appear in your email confirmation statement, not in the confirm you immediately receive after payment is processed. Mine were delivered by email almost immediately after booking.

You should have gotten an email confirmation from Amtrak. In the past I have found the confirmation in my junk mail. Don't know why but there it was with everything you want to know about your reservation.

I hope this helps, have a good trip.

If you can't find the room number after all, just call up 1-800-USA-RAIL and ask to speak with an agent. They can quote the room number immediately if you provide your reservation number.

Thanks everyone!

I did, eventually, get an email from Amtrak and it did contain my car and room number info. :)

I was expecting the email confirmation to be an identical copy of the webpage confirmation, but no. It was formatted like how the_traveler showed.

However, I am still wondering if the website use to give that info? I seem to remember when adding a roomette to my pending reservation, it would give the car and room number. I used that as a rough gauge as to what "bucket" I was being offered. Just old age bad memory?? :huh:

Thanks everyone!
I did, eventually, get an email from Amtrak and it did contain my car and room number info. :)

I was expecting the email confirmation to be an identical copy of the webpage confirmation, but no. It was formatted like how the_traveler showed.

However, I am still wondering if the website use to give that info? I seem to remember when adding a roomette to my pending reservation, it would give the car and room number. I used that as a rough gauge as to what "bucket" I was being offered. Just old age bad memory?? :huh:
When I've booked roomettes on the website in the past, it would give me the car and room number on the web page once I completed the booking process.

To my knowledge, the website has never told you of your room number while still "shopping" for a trip, only after you paid for it.

I seem to remember when adding a roomette to my pending reservation, it would give the car and room number. I used that as a rough gauge as to what "bucket" I was being offered. Just old age bad memory?? :huh:
You may be thinking of the fact that if you specify that you want 8 rooms, you can see how many roomettes are left (8, or less than 8) and ascertain what bucket you may be in. However, the site has never shown the exact car and room number assignment before payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back