System down

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blondninja

Service Attendant
I've had trouble booking travel when trying to log in at Amtrak.com since yesterday morning. Anyone else? There are long hold times trying to call in to see what's up too.

Both amtrak.com and the mobile app seem to be working fine for me as of the current time, at least in order to check availability and schedules (have not attempted to complete a booking). Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies on the browser you're trying to login from?

You might try calling in during the overnight/early morning hours and seeing if there are any issues then; it's usually pretty easy to get through to someone during that time.

I called late last night and they told me the system has been down since early Sunday. No ETA on restoration.

AGR was closed when I called but they suggested calling them directly to book reward travel. They also said the extended hold times were due to the system outage.

yes it's been down for days. You can check status, look for reservations, etc. but can't log in with your account nor can they process any rewards transactions. I was told if I wanted to book a trip I could just proceed as a GUEST, without logging in and it should work. They can also book you a reservation on the phone. That's what I was told about 2 hours ago.

Thanks. I did call AGR today and they booked my trip without hassle. In fact they were really quite helpful.

ceo418,

I had trouble logging in yesterday, so I fooled them by choosing the "Forgot password" option and getting a new password, and now I can get into AGR without any problems.

ceo418,

I had trouble logging in yesterday, so I fooled them by choosing the "Forgot password" option and getting a new password, and now I can get into AGR without any problems.
I tried that too but I still can't get in.

Tried several times this morning (SAT 5/21) with no success. Both mine and wife's accounts are not working. Tried to have them send me a request for new password but received no email from them either. Someone needs to look into the IT and find out why this site is down so much..

Tried several times this morning (SAT 5/21) with no success. Both mine and wife's accounts are not working. Tried to have them send me a request for new password but received no email from them either. Someone needs to look into the IT and find out why this site is down so much..
Here is what worked for me.

• Go to the AGR website and do a password reset (hopefully with email from AGR) - that should get you into the AGR site;
  • Then, hit the link at the top of the screen to go to the Amtrak website - that should get you into the Amtrak site and sync your new AGR password to Amtrak.
Once you have done that, you should be able to get into either site using the new password you generated for AGR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just logged in successfully and yesterday I had logged into AGR with not problems.

This is broken for me and wicked annoying. It brought me back to you to complain about it.
Where have you been? Hope things are well with you and yours and that you're still riding the rails.
I got a new job that makes me so busy I don't have time to post all day! :) thanks for asking. Haven't been riding as much but just got off the 2252 today. A very nice ride.

This is broken for me and wicked annoying. It brought me back to you to complain about it.
Where have you been? Hope things are well with you and yours and that you're still riding the rails.
I got a new job that makes me so busy I don't have time to post all day! :) thanks for asking. Haven't been riding as much but just got off the 2252 today. A very nice ride.
Don't you hate when work gets in the way of pleasure? But in my case, lack of work (and paycheck) give me the time but not the money to enjoy things.

Are folks having trouble logging in to AGR or are your points not posting? I had some activity from very early May post, but nothing since. I've had activity from 5/2 not post, despite waiting the stated 7 days and filing a missing points request :(

Are folks having trouble logging in to AGR or are your points not posting? I had some activity from very early May post, but nothing since. I've had activity from 5/2 not post, despite waiting the stated 7 days and filing a missing points request :(
It seems to be an on and off situation. System was not working well this past weekend. I managed to follow advice to request change in password which did allow me to access my account eventually. If you need assistance I would advise calling Amtrak Guest Rewards and ask for agent to gain some information about the missing points and other issues.

Tried to book online, paying normally and not with AGR points:

Problem with Our Booking System: Sorry, we are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. Or, for additional assistance, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
[Error ID: 196A]

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back