Cardinal surprise

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule G

Train Attendant
You heard it here first..... Tomorrow's Cardinal (51) will originate in Washington with.......................

Superliners

This is false information. Schedules show the Cardinal originating from NYP.
This doesn't mean that the Cardinal for tomorrow (1/5) will be single level equipment or superliner equipment. Considering there is no information on where this information is coming from. Amtrak.com shows nothing on this.

The Cardinal does sometimes start its trip in DC with Superliners.

Umm, I thought they were really short of superliner equipment and didn't even have enough for an extra trainset in PDX/SEA. So where did they get the trainset?
The Superliners will be coming from the set of equipment from the capital Limited that usually lays overnight in Washington. For the next few days during this equipment from train 30 will turn for train 29 the same day in Washington. Expect late departures of 29 because of this.

Any reasons why this is happening??
Extreme weather conditions. Now that the holidays are over and there is extra Superliner equipment around many short distance trains out of Chicago are also Superliners until the weather improves.

Try to book a coach ticket out of NYP, then try from Was. See what happens

Hmm... 4 "Viewliner" Bedrooms available WAS-CHI tomorrow.

Hmm... 4 "Viewliner" Bedrooms available WAS-CHI tomorrow.
There still being four bedrooms available on a single level train that would normally only have two bedrooms at the most should serve as one way to confirm a capital limited equipment set is being used.

This is false information. Schedules show the Cardinal originating from NYP.
Actually it's true. Stops between New York and Washington will be protected by regional #131
If it's true where is this information coming from??
I believe ACS-64 as s/he seems to be an Amtrak employee with access to this kind of information (based on previous posts).
I had been thinking that.

The schedule shows Regional #131 departing on Sa/Su at 6:45am. So they must do this regularly for the Sunday Cardinal as the weekday schedules do not show a 6:45am departure at all. Superliners may be special.

The schedule shows Regional #131 departing on Sa/Su at 6:45am. So they must do this regularly for the Sunday Cardinal as the weekday schedules do not show a 6:45am departure at all. Superliners may be special.
That looks to be the right time for the Cardinal to normally leave NYC as it leaves WIL at 8:41. So it makes sense to have the regional that will connect in WAS to the Superliner leave at 6:45 since the passengers are already expecting that departure time.

Umm, I thought they were really short of superliner equipment and didn't even have enough for an extra trainset in PDX/SEA. So where did they get the trainset?
The Superliners will be coming from the set of equipment from the capital Limited that usually lays overnight in Washington. For the next few days during this equipment from train 30 will turn for train 29 the same day in Washington. Expect late departures of 29 because of this.
Is this equipment turning for 50 (7)? Or is it turning back on 30? 50 (7) shows thru to NYP at the moment.

I think that those getting on at Penn will be up for a Surpise but the fact that Four Viewliner Bedrooms are showing available from Penn (no Coach seats though) makes it clear to me that something's going on.

So will #131 run 10 minutes late, the Cardinals Scheduled time is 6:55am?

Cardinal passengers could use 79 to connect with the Bird in WAS.

Most likely a cross platform transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back