The mother of all Superliner room polls

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Superliner Roomette(s) do you prefer

Votes: 7 5.2%

Votes: 36 26.9%

Votes: 36 26.9%

Votes: 38 28.4%

Votes: 34 25.4%

Votes: 37 27.6%

Votes: 15 11.2%

Votes: 9 6.7%

Votes: 10 7.5%

Votes: 13 9.7%

Votes: 14 10.4%

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • None of the above, bedrooms all the way!

Votes: 22 16.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Court Jester
Topic and poll questions say it all, vote for whatever rooms you have a preference for, as many as you want.

If you prefer roomettes over bedrooms, vote for all 14 of them!

Don't care as long as you're upstairs? Vote 1-10 and A-E!

Edit: Car diagrams for those that need them:

amtrak-diagram-superliner-deluxesleeper.jpg

amtrak-diagram-superliner-sleeper.jpg

Printman2000 - your website came up with the first pictures when I searched "superliner sleeping car diagrams", congrats! I'm hotlinking the pictures from your site, if you want me to rehost them, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
when I'm traveling with somebody I like to get two roomettes that are are opposite one another with respect to the corridor. That way if we have all curtains etc open we can look out both sides.

As far as Superliners, I'm still in the "hope to" stage. But I voted for all the regular bedrooms anyway, and no roomettes. Roomettes would be OK, too, but given my "rathers," I'd like having my own bathroom so if I have to get up in the middle of the night in my pj's.

I didn't vote for the H unit, because it doesn't seem as nice as the Viewliner H units, but I'm sure it's nice for those with mobility limitations.

Edit: When I tried to submit my vote, it required me to check something for roomettes and bedrooms, so I voted for roomette 6 more or less at random. I didn't want to check the bottom choice, b/c there's really nothing wrong with roomettes.

Have only been on two LDs and had #6 on one & #5 on the other (same one way trip). I don't have a "need" for a bedroom.

Roomette six' right in the middle of the car.
Room 6 is towards the end of the car. I'd say Room's E and 2 are in the middle that are for public use.

I voted BR E, It's the only BR I've been in and it's a nice ride. Back in Feb I was on the lower level for the first time in Room 14 and rather enjoyed it.

Depends really....

Ordinarily I prefer roomette 5 or 6 BUT have twice been in roomette 10 in the last car on the train which is pretty cool.

My next roomette will be a downstairs one on the City of New Orleans and I'm hoping for a better night sleep than when I last rode the CONO in an upstairs room on some rough track.

B&C. Not because of any prior experience, just because after numerous nights in Roomettes, in a few weeks, the three of us will be in B/C. We splurged on 2 nights in a 2 room suite thanks to a plethora of AGR points. Looking forward to 2 nights with plenty of room!

Superliner bedroom? I've been in D (3x) & E(1x). Loved both, but went with D just cause it's where I've had the most experience. Roomettes on superliners? I've only been in #3 twice, though I'll be in #2 for my entire western trip this fall. I know I'll miss the bedroom, but oh well, the scenery this fall is well worth the sacrifice. :giggle: Oh, I don't like bedroom A cause it's cut off on the corner.

Ryan, Surely you know that Roomette 1 is used by the SCA and not for Public Use.. :unsure:
It's ok you are forgiven! :)
It could still be your favorite roomette though.

For example if you are an attendant or want to become one.

Topic and poll questions say it all, vote for whatever rooms you have a preference for, as many as you want.
If you prefer roomettes over bedrooms, vote for all 14 of them!

Don't care as long as you're upstairs? Vote 1-10 and A-E!

Edit: Car diagrams for those that need them:

amtrak-diagram-superliner-deluxesleeper.jpg

amtrak-diagram-superliner-sleeper.jpg

Printman2000 - your website came up with the first pictures when I searched "superliner sleeping car diagrams", congrats! I'm hotlinking the pictures from your site, if you want me to rehost them, let me know.
Not a problem. That is why I have them there. Hotlink away!

Upstairs, middle-of-the-car roomettes... Unless I'm in 9 or 10 and have the railfan window next to me, that is sweet!

OT - Thanks for the car diagrams. Allowed this Superliner newb to realize that they had booked my family of 4 with two roomettes as requested; but one was upstairs and the other downstairs. After getting no help from Amtrak, I called Amtrak Vacations, (our booking agent), and with their wonderful customer service Brenda was able to get Amtrak to switch one of the reservations. We're all downstairs now. On other legs we are up top. Should get a good preference for one over the other. Having never rode a superliner sleeper don't have an opinion, yet.

OT - Thanks for the car diagrams. Allowed this Superliner newb to realize that they had booked my family of 4 with two roomettes as requested; but one was upstairs and the other downstairs. After getting no help from Amtrak, I called Amtrak Vacations, (our booking agent), and with their wonderful customer service Brenda was able to get Amtrak to switch one of the reservations. We're all downstairs now. On other legs we are up top. Should get a good preference for one over the other. Having never rode a superliner sleeper don't have an opinion, yet.
Sounds like Good Customer Service! :) Another example of Amtraks Left Hand not Knowing what the Right One is doing! ;)

Unfortunately, I have never traveled in a BR--maybe later this summer. I'm good with Roomettes 3-8; wouldn't mind 9 or 10 if railfan window was just outside my door. Used to like 11-14 when I still smoked so I could jump off at stops and grab a drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back